Sam Burns Reveals How He Manages to Support the LSU Tigers During PGA Tour Events

Last week, Sam Burns won the Sanderson Farms Championship to record his second win at the PGA Tour. In an exceptional year for the 25-year-old, he also won his other title earlier this year at the Valspar Championship.

Recently, Burns also made an appearance at Fore Play, a weekly golf podcast. There, he discussed a number of things like hunting, his favorite restaurants, and he even recalled a funny incident from his early golfing days.

Watch This Story- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 Press Conference Highlights: Heated Arguments, No Face-Off, and More

When Sam Burns watched football while playing a golf tournament

It is no secret that Sam Burns is an ardent football fan. However, did you know to what extent he would go to watch his team’s match? Well, apparently, he will even surrender a couple of holes. That’s exactly what he did in 2019, as he recounted a story from a day on tour.

The LSU Tigers football is a college football team representing the Louisiana State University. Burns also studied and played golf for the university. Hence, his loyalties lie with them. Anyway, on a Saturday on course, Burns recollects he was playing terribly and was in 60th place.

On the back nine, he figured it wouldn’t hurt to watch the match instead. So, he whips out his phone, switches on the broadcast, and watches the match with his phone concealed inside his yardage book. What a smart move!

He said, “I remember I was playing on a Saturday. I was playing terribly, and I was in like 60th. So I go out early, and I think we have an 11 o’clock game and we tee off like 9 am or whatever.”

“So, I make the turn and I’m like, all right, kick-off is about to start. I get my phone out, get my ESPN up, and I just put my phone in my yardage book and just watch the whole first half as I was playing the back nine.”

What do you think of Burns’s actions? Did he disrespect the game by this or was it well-intentioned?

Read More- READ: Phil Mickelson Gets Involved in Lengthy Scientific Twitter Feud and Finally Wins It

The post Sam Burns Reveals How He Manages to Support the LSU Tigers During PGA Tour Events appeared first on EssentiallySports.



from EssentiallySports https://www.essentiallysports.com/golf-news-sam-burns-reveals-how-he-manages-to-support-the-lsu-tigers-during-pga-tour-events/

Post a Comment

0 Comments