Tigers officially reach out to Quade Cooper

A code-swap for Quade Cooper is well on the cards with the Wests Tigers expressing their interest in bringing the former Wallaby over to the NRL.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Tigers coach Michael Maguire reached out to Cooper's manager Khoder Nasser about a potential switch to the 13-man game and was left "buoyed" by the response.

Cooper who is currently signed to Japanese rugby team Kintetsu Liners, admitted earlier this week that it's always been a dream of his to play in the NRL.

"If they (Kintetsu) said that they don't mind me going to the NRL for that short three- or four-month season to do something I've always wanted to achieve, then mate, I'd jump at the opportunity to fulfill a dream that I've had since I was a kid," Cooper said.

Kintetsu are believed to be willing to let Cooper play in the NRL as a way for the fly-half to remain fit as the Japanese rugby season remains suspended.

According to the report, Maguire also fished around for the latest on Sonny Bill Williams' availability.

Cooper is close friends with the former All Blacks star which could prove a tempting offer for Williams.

"I'll always support my bro. I will always support Quade and that situation is no different," Williams said back in 2018 when Cooper was forced to leave the Queensland Reds.

Quade Cooper, Sonny Bill Williams

from WWOS http://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wests-tigers-reach-out-to-former-wallaby-quade-cooper/94955092-eaba-4f32-ab64-ccd8cd0edcf4

Post a Comment

0 Comments