“I want a Rematch”-Dominick Reyes Calls Out Jon Jones

Dominick Reyes has come out and criticized Jon Jones for his behavior in the recent past. He says Jones is a different person inside and outside the octagon.

Jon Jones was arrested late last month, in a DWI case. He eventually agreed to a plea deal and avoided any long term jail time. Jone Jones as a part of the plea deal will have to enroll himself in the Community Custody Program, do community service, pay a fine, etc. But this wasn’t Jones’ first encounter with the law. He has a long list of cases to his name that shows similar behavior in the past.

Dominick Reyes

Domonick Reyes fought Jon Jones at UFC 247. Though Jones came out victorious, it was a very close match up. Dominick Reyes and a lot of critics still say Reyes was deprived of his win. Dominick Reyes respects Jon Jones as an opponent and a worthy contender. But he isn’t fond of Jones’ antics outside the octagon.

When news of Jon Jones’ arrest was out Dominick Reyes said, “I’ve always respected Jon as a fighter. I’ve always respected him in the Octagon, but outside of the Octagon, it’s the same crap he’s been doing before. That disappointed me when I was a fan of his.”

Referencing all of Jones’ past arrests as well, Dominick said, “The arrest comes at no surprise to anyone; his pattern of habitual line stepping is apparent. I think he needs some real help.”

Dominick Reyes wants another shot at the title

Dominick is of the thought that he won the last fight though the decision said otherwise. The Light Heavyweight title should be his. He said, “I still know I was the better fighter that night….I want a rematch, I feel I have earned another title shot.”

Domonick Reyes

Hearing of the arrest even Thiago Santos cropped up into the scene. Santos said there should be a fight for the interim light heavyweight title between him and Reyes, now that Jon might be out for a while. Santos said, “I don’t think the division needs to wait. The division can go on, even if it’s for an interim belt between Reyes and I, since we both are next in line.”

As of now, Coronavirus has put this entire scenario on hold. Once the UFC returns to its normal schedule we’ll get a clearer picture of how the division looks.

The post “I want a Rematch”-Dominick Reyes Calls Out Jon Jones appeared first on EssentiallySports.



from EssentiallySports https://www.essentiallysports.com/i-want-a-rematch-dominick-reyes-calls-out-jon-jones-ufc-news/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=i-want-a-rematch-dominick-reyes-calls-out-jon-jones-ufc-news

Post a Comment

0 Comments