Floyd Mayweather Takes Subtle Dig at Deontay Wilder During Davis-Cruz Press Conference

Gervonta Davis and Isaac Cruz are now hours away from settling scores and fighting for Davis’ WBA belt at 135 pounds. At a recent Davis vs Cruz press conference event, boxing’s ‘Pretty Boy’, Floyd Mayweather, was in attendance to back his protege.

After the press conference, for some reason, Floyd Mayweather decided to take multiple shots at other fighters. He accused Canelo Alvarez of PED usage and barred Gervonta Davis from using Canelo’s gloves. Apart from that, ‘Money’ even took a subtle dig at Tyson Fury’s old rival, Deontay Wilder.

Floyd indirectly criticized Deontay Wilder for pinning the blame on his former trainer, Mark Breland.

You know I’m a real student of the game. My dad always knew that I was going to be a helluva fighter. And, I was a student that can learn all three ways. Mark Breland, helluva trainer, great guy.

“I was just up there talking about that, when the fighters win, they get all the credit, and when a fighter lose, the fighter says ‘it was the trainer fault’. It is what it is,” said Floyd Mayweather.

Deontay Wilder does not really like Floyd Mayweather

Deontay Wilder and Floyd Mayweather have never really looked eye-to-eye on almost anything. After his first loss against ‘The Gypsy King’, Floyd Mayweather offered to train ‘The Bronze Bomber’ directly.

Read More: WATCH: Isaac Cruz Dominates Gervonta Davis at Weigh-Ins

However, at the time, the Alabama native felt that it was nothing but a big publicity move for Mayweather.

My thing is, every fighter I’ve fought, Floyd has bet against me. It’s publicity,” said Wilder.

“When I see people do that stuff, it’s for publicity. But to the offer [from Mayweather], thank you, but no thank you. I don’t feel any love from that man. Their actions don’t show that.

It’s fake love to me, but they know that themselves. They can’t look me in the eyes and tell me they care about me and want to see me do well, they can’t look me in the eyes and be sincere about that because I would feel them, they can’t do that because they know it’s not real. It’s not. It’s for publicity,” Wilder added.

What do you make of the Floyd vs Wilder rivalry?

Also Read: Floyd Mayweather Bars Gervonta Davis From Wearing Canelo Alvarez’s Gloves

 

The post Floyd Mayweather Takes Subtle Dig at Deontay Wilder During Davis-Cruz Press Conference appeared first on EssentiallySports.



from EssentiallySports https://www.essentiallysports.com/boxing-news-floyd-mayweather-takes-subtle-dig-at-deontay-wilder-during-davis-cruz-press-conference/

Post a Comment

0 Comments