Warne reveals real reason for wearing hat

Shane Warne has given an insight into the inspiration behind the Peaky Blinders-styled hat he has recently been wearing on Fox Cricket's Test coverage.

Warne began rocking the hat earlier in the series and fans quickly drew comparisons to the British TV series that is currently aired on Netflix in Australia.

Fans also initially had a theory that Warne had botched a hairstyle, or had lost his hair altogether, when the hat was first seen, but the champion spinner wasted no time debunking that theory when he was asked to explain the hat by Fox Cricket's Mark Howard.

"There's nothing wrong with the hair, the hair is looking great," he said.

Shane Warne

"The inspiration came when we played golf in the Cathedral Cup, there was a red team versus a blue team.

"As you can see on the back of the cap it's got red dogs. The red team, we all played in the cap, I liked it, and I love Peaky Blinders so I thought I don't mind the look of it and I might wear it to see if people like it and people have liked it, so I kept wearing it.

"I want to be in Peaky Blinders. Please can I be in Peaky Blinders? Some sort of role, I would really like it."

For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here!



from WWOS https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/shane-warne-explains-hat-inspiration-peaky-blinders/76e858b3-d8f2-4d6f-87cc-32ca1e7bfaa0

Post a Comment

0 Comments